Main Article Content
We report a 2-year old girl who suffered from HIV. The diagnosis was based on history, clinical findings, and
laboratory work-up. Suspicion of the presence of HIV was started when the girl continued to have wasting syndrom e with
several focal infections unresponsice to ordinary treatment. The patient past away following severe diarrhea and apparently
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
2. Clebunder R, QuinnTh C. Retrovirus and the human immunodeficiency syndrome. In: Warren KS and Mahmoud AAF, editors. Tropical and geographical medicine, 2nd ed, New York, Mac Graw-Hill; 1990. p. 728-40.
3. Yogev R, Chadwick EG. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) in Behrman RE, Kliegman RM, Jenson HB (eds). Nelson textbook of pediatric. 16th ed, Philadelphia, WB Saunders; 2000:1022-32.
4. Udin M Muslaini, Arya Sidemen, Handari Yektiwi. Pemetaan risiko kabupaten/kota dan menu kegiatan penanggulangan AIDS propinsi Jawa Timur, KONAS IX Jaringan Epidemiologi Nasional, Jakarta, 2000.
5. Connor E, McSherry G, Yogev R. Antiviral therapy of pediatric HIV infection. In Yogev R and Connor E (eds). Management of HIV infections in infants and children, St. Louis, Mosby Year Book; 1992, p. 505-31.
6. Hanson CG, Shearer WT. Pediatric HIV and AIDS. In Feign RD and Cherry JD, editord. Textbook of pediatric infectious diseases. 3rd ed, Philadelphia, WB Saunders, 1992. p. 990-1008.
7. Ministry of Health. Surat Edaran Dirjen PPM dan PLP. Pemeriksaan infeksi HIV, PL 00.08.4.53, July 29, 1996.
8. Hoyt. LG, Olske. JM. The clinical spectrum of infections in Infants and children: an overview. In Yogev R, Connor,E (eds) : Management of HIV infections in infants and children. St. Louis, Mosby Year Book; 1992. p.227.
9. CDC and P 1994 revised classification system for human immunodeficiency virus infection in children less than 13 years of age MMWR 1994; 43 (RR-12):1-10.
10. Seidel JS. Treatment of parasitic infections. Pediatr Clin North Am; 1985, 32:1077-95.
11. Nielsen K. Pediatric HIV infection: HIV Clinical management series, from http://pediatrics.medscape.com/Medscape/HIV/ClinicalMgmt at 02/20/00.