Main Article Content
by Japanese encephalitis virus, attacking domestic
animals, mainly pigs and birds. It is transmitted
to humans by mosquito bites, namely Culex
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Flaviviridae). In: Collier L, Ballows A, Sussman M,
eds. Topley and Wilson’s microbiology and micro-
bial Infection. 9 th ed. London: Arnold Publisher,
1998. p. 576-600.
2. Solomon T, Nguyen MD, Kneen R, Gainsborough M,
Vaughn DW, Vo TK. Japanese encephalitis. J Neurol
Neurosurg Psychiatry 2000;68:405-15.
3. Vaughn DW, Hoke CH. The epidemiology of Japanese
encephalitis: prospects for prevention. Epidemiol Rev
4. Wuryadi S, Suroso T. Japanese encephalitis in Indone-
sia. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health
5. Suroso T. Japanese encephalitis. Jakarta: Depkes RI
Dirjen P3M 1983; p. 1-29.
6. Kari IK, Gautama K, Liu W, Zhi YX. Japanese encepha-
litis di Bali. In: Naskah Lengkap PKB IKA V-FK Unud/
RSU Sanglah; 2003 Jul 25-26; Bali, Indonesia.
Denpasar: FK Unud/RSU Sanglah; 2003.
7. Tiroumourougane SV, Raghava P, Srinivasan S. Japa-
nese viral encephalitis. Postgrad Med J 2002;78:205-15.
8. Solomon T. Recent advances in Japanese encephalitis.
J Neurovirol 2003;9(2):274-83.
9. Pouprasert B. Japanese encephalitis in children in
Northern Thailand. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Pub-
lic Health 1989;20:599-603.
10. Huy BU, Tu HC, Wan TU. Early mental and neuro-
logical sequelae after Japanese encephalitis: one-year
follow-up study in Thailand. Southeast Asian J Trop
Med Public Health 1994;15:549-53.