Main Article Content
This prospective study was conducted in an attempt to find out a method of
clinical diagnoS'is of Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever wi,th high accuracy and coverage.
A clinical picture of all cases admitted with 3 days fever of unknown origin
and poS'itive tourniquet test was studied.
The cardinal signs and symptoms i.e. liver enlargemerz.t, thrombocyte counJ.
hematocrit, spontaneous bleeding such as epistaxis, petechiae, hematonw and hematemesis, were thoroughly studied from the day of admission up to the sixth day
Blood was drawn into filter-paper disks for serologic examination on the day
of admission, then 5, and 10 days thereafter.
Based on a series of serological tests, the patients were grouped into confirmed
and false DHF.
Liver enlargement was found in both groups, but only in the confinned DHF
group was it significantly related to the day of illness (r = 0.45, with probably
error of 0.03 ).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
2. MUNIR, M. and HUSADA, T.: Clinical and Management problems of Dengue Shock Syndrome: An analysis of 136 cases. Presented at the IVth National Congress of Pediatrics, Yogjakarta May 21-25, 1978. (in ·print).
3. NIMMANNITYA, S. : Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever, Problem and Progress. Paediatr. Indones. 15 : 93 (1975).
4. SUMARMO; WIDYA, M.S. and MARTOATMODJO, K.: Clinical observation on Dengue Shock Syndrome. Paediatr. lndones. 15 : 151 (1975).
S. SUNOTO; van PEENEN, P.F.D.; SUMARMO; SARNO SINTO, and JOSEPH, P.L. : Studies on Dengue in Children at the Dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo General Hospital, Jakarta. Paediatr. Indones. 15 :
6. TJANDRA, H. and MUNIR M. : Dengue Haemorrhagic · Fever in Manado, Novth Sulawesi, Paediatr. lndones. 16 : 496 (1976).
7. TRASTOTENOYO, M.S., SOEJONO ANGGORO, A.G.; SUMANTRI, and SUPRAPTI THAIB : A Report on Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever patients with viral isolation. Paediatr. Indones. 15 : 169 (1975) .
8. WHO REPORT : Technical Guides for Diagnosis, Treatment, Survaillance, Prevention and Control of Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever. Technical advisory committee on Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever for
·the East Asian and Western Pasific Regions. WHO techn. Rep. Ser. (1975).