Main Article Content
A 14-month-old girl was admitted with signs of paleness, weakness and swelling of the lymphnodes in the neck and inguinal. Histopatological examination of the lymphnodes showed histiocytosis X. X-photo of the skull and pelvic bones revealed several osteolysis.
Based upon clinical manifestations and histopathological examination this diseases was diagnosed as the rare disease Hand-Schüller-Christian disease.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
2. BEIER F.R.; THATCHER, L.G. and LAHEY, M.E.: Treatment of reticuloendothelioisis with vinblastine sulfate. Pediatr. 63 : 1087 (1963).
3. BLAHD, W.H.; LEVY, M.s. and BASSETT, S.H.: A case of Hand-Schuller Christian syndrome treated with cortisone. Ann. intern. Med. 35 : 927 (1951).
4. CHEYNE. C.: Histiocytosis X. Journal of bone and Joint Surgery 538: 366 – 382 (1971).
5. LICHTENSTEIN, L : Histiocytosis X. Integration of eosinophilic granuloma of bone "Letterer-Siwe disease" as related manifestations of a single nosologic entity. Arch. Pothol. 56 : 84 (1973).
6. MERMANN, A.C. and DARGEON, H.W.: The management of certain non lipid reticuloendotheliosis. Cancer. 8: 112 (1955).
7. OBERMAN, H.A. : Idiopathic histiocytosis X. A clinicopathologic sludy or 40 cases and review of the literature On eosinophilic granuloma of bone. Hand-Schüller-Christian disease and Letterer. Siwe disease. Pediatr. 28: 307 (1961).
8. SIEGEL, J.S. and COLTMAN, C.A. : Histiocytosis X. Response to vinblastine sulfate. J. Amer. Ass. 1971 123 (1966).
9. STARLING, K.E., DONALDSON, M.H., HAGGARD, M.E.; VIETTI, T.I. and SUTOW, W.W. : Therapy of histiocytosis X with vincristine, vinblastine and cyclophosphamide. Amer. J. Dis. Child. 123 : 105 (1972).
10. SIMS. D.O. : Histiocytosis X, Arch. Dis. Child. 52: 433-440 (1977).
11. WIDAGDO; SADELI, R., WAHIDIYAT, I.: Hand-Schüller-Christian disease (Case Report). Pediatr. Indon. 14: 218-223 (1974).