Main Article Content
During the period of 3 months (February - April 1987), a prospective study on oxyuariasis among children had been conducted at Child Health Deparment of Dr. Pirngadi Hospital Medan. All children over 8 months of age were included in this study.
The diagnosis was based on the modified Scoth 's technique. Oxyuriasis ova were found in 21 out 119 children (17,65%). The peak incidence was found in the school age.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
2. LUBlS, C.P.; YOEL, C.; YAHYA, N.N.; NAPITUPULU, L.: Intestinal parasitic infestation among children in six plantations North Sumatra lndonesia (presented in XVII international congress of Pediatric, Manila, Nov. 7-12, 1933).
3. MAROONO, S.S.; RASIDl, R.; SIMANJUNTAK, 0.; SUHARYA, A.; SARUMPAET, S.; ENDARDJO, S.: Intestinal parasites in Obano, lrian Jaya, Indonesia. Maj.Kedok.lndo. 9: 56-57 (1979).
4. SUDlGBlA, l.; NOTOKARSONO, S.; DARMAWAN S.; TJOEN. L.W.: Single dose treatment of oxyuriasis with pyrvinium palmoate (vanquin). Paediatr. lndones. 10 : 125-130 (1970).
5. TAI, C.C.: Enterobiasis among school children in Macao, Southeast Asean J.trop.Med.Pub. Health. 4 : 459 - S53 (1985).
6. TUMADA, L.R.; MAROONO, S.S.: Intestinal helmintic infection in the Paniai highlands, with special reference to taenia and hymenolepsis nana. Maj.Kedok.lndon. 7-8 : 103-107 (1973).
7. WIRASTARI, B.; RUSPANJl, T.; SUNOTO; HARJONO: Penyakit cacing pada anak. Maj. Kedok.lndon. 1 : 15-17 ( 1979).