Main Article Content
A study of peripheral blood standard values was carried out on 100 healthy full term newborns, with normal deliveries to healthy mothers in Dr. Pirngadi Hospital Medan, comprising of 60 males and 40 females.
The newborns were divided into three groups according to their birth weight.
There were no significant differences of the average value of peripheral blood counts between group I, II and III neither between males and females.
The average value of hemoglobin concentration with Sahli is lower than that with Cyan method, which is significantly different (p<0.00I).
The average values found in this study on newborn babies of 24 hours of age with term deliveries were as follows:
Hemoglobin Sahli : 16.13 gm %
Hemoglobin Cyan : 17.88 gm %
Leucocyles : 16,512/cu mm
Hematocrit : 56.4 %
Reticulocytes : 40.06 %
Erythrocyte sedimentation rate : 3.09/1st hour
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
23 (1923) Cited by Kelly, 1969.
2. GAMBIRO; KHO, L.K. Nilai standard darah tepi pada anak normal. Maj. Kedok. Indones. 11 : 194 (1961).
3. HUGHES, J .G. : Pediatric in General practice, 1st ed. p. 430 (Me Graw Hill, New York/Toronto/London 1952).
4. KHO L.K.; WIRADISURIA, S. Standard values of hematology in Jakarta II. The bone marrow picture in newborn infants. Paediatr. Indones , 1 128 (1961).
5. KHO, L.K.; WIRADISURIA, S. Nilai standard darah pada anak di Jakarta II I. Gambaran sumsum tulang pada bayi normal berumur 2. minggu sampai 1
7. LUCAS. W.P. and others : Blood studies in newborn morphological, chemical, coagulation, urobilin, and bilirubin. Am. J. Dis. Child. 22: 525 (1921).
8. RElNHARDT, M.C.; MARTI H.R. Hematological data of African newborns and their mother in Abidjan. Helvetica Paediatrica Acta. p. 85 - 99 (Schwabe & Verlag Basel. 1978).
9. SMITH, S.H.: Blood disease of infancy and childhood. 2nd ed. p. 12 (Mosby St. Louis 1966).
10. TIEN SUMARTlNI, E.; SUROTO HAMZAH; JUSUF ABDUL KADIR: SAMBAS WIRADlSURIA: The peripheral blood borns in Bandung. Paediatr. Indones. 12: 143-152 (l972).
11. WINTROBE, M.M. Clinical hematology, 5th ed. p. 31-33 (Lea Febiger Philadelphia 1961).
12. WOLMAN, I. J.: Laboratory applications in clinical paediatrics. pp. 5-15. (Mc Graw-Hill New York/Toronto/London 1957).